Chicken with ginger, sesame seeds and onions
Simple to make, try this chicken recipe made with sesame and Mackays ginger preserve without further delay. Perfect to serve with mashed potatoes.
- 1 kg of drumsticks and chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 3 new onions, finely chopped
- 1 whole red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 whole green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, finely chopped
For the marinade:
- 5 tablespoons of Mackays ginger preserve
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of chilli
1/ Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2/ Combine all the marinade ingredients and the ginger jam in a container.
3/ Place the chicken in a large dish suitable for the oven.
4/ Pour the marinade over the chicken, coating all the pieces well.
5/ Marinate for at least 3 hours.
6/ Put in the oven and roast for 35 minutes
7/ Let cool for 5 min. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, sesame seeds, chillies and spring onions before serving.
Article written by Manon C.