Mango shortbread recipe
To be tested urgently this summer: a delicious shortbread recipe based on Mango and Bergamot Whittard of Chelsea tea, original and easy to make, for all food lovers!
Ingredients (for 10 servings)
125g soft butter
60g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Mango and Bergamot tea leaves
30g chopped dried mango
180g plain flour
¼ tsp fine salt
Edible flowers (such as violas)
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until it's pale and light.
- Add the flour, salt, tea leaves and dried mango and combine until it comes together as a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1cm thickness and cut out the shortbread with a round cookie cutter.
- Lay the cut-out dough onto a prepared lined baking tray and press a few edible flowers gently into the dough.
- Let the shortbread chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170C then bake the chilled shortbread for 10-12 minutes until the edges are almost turning golden.
- Sprinkle the warm shortbread with sugar and let them cool before serving with a cup of Mango and Bergamot Tea.
Recipe created by @mykitchendrawer
Article written by Camille L.