Highland Park 16 Years Old Thor 70cl 52.1°
As an homage to the Scandinavian pantheon and its legendary chief, the Highland Park distillery has released the Thor Single Malt, a testament to its Nordic heritage. Distilled in the Orkney Islands, Thor is a 16 Years Old Single Malt, grading 52.1%, presented in a Drakkar-shaped, natural wood cradle. Thor is one of the most famous Gods of the Nordic mythology. Son of Odin, Ruler of Asgard, Thor has been honoured by the Vikings who saw him as the protector of Gods and humans alike. Vibrant of dynamism and quite characterful, this spirit reveals an unexpected, subtle sweetness.
|Net Weight||0.7 kg|
|Packaging||Drakkar Wooden Box|
Highland Park is the most northern Scottish distillery, and overlooks Kirkwall town and the famous Scapa Flow.
At the end of the 18th century, Magnus Eunson, pastor and famous smuggler, would have distilled whisky where the distillery is now sat. He used to hide stocks of illegal whisky under his pulpit. Highland Park doubled its production capacity in 1898, 10 years after being purchased by James Grant from the Glenlivet distillery. It has been part of the Highlands Distilleries Groups since 1937.
5 key elements contribute to the success of Highland Park Single Malt :
- The hand-turned malt completes its aromatic and balanced character;
- The aromatic peat imparts a seducing and generous floral sweetness to the malt;
- Chill-maturation magnifies its sweetness;
- The oak casks account for the complexity and unique richness of the malt;
- The cask harmonization grants consistency and balance.