Highland Park 15 Years Freya 70cl 51.2°
After the launch of the Thor and Loki bottles, Highland Park is launching its 3rd edition of the Valhalla collection: Freya! According to Scandinavian mythology, Freya is a goddess of beauty, love, fertility and war. This Scottish Single Malt is aptly named because it is characterized by its sweetness, fruity flavours and slight smoky note. Whisky collectors will be delighted with this new edition launched in a limited number of copies in 2012 and available in the essential wooden case in the shape of a longship.
|Drakkar Wooden Box
Highland Park is the most northern Scottish distillery, and overlooks Kirkwall town and the famous Scapa Flow.
At the end of the 18th century, Magnus Eunson, pastor and famous smuggler, would have distilled whisky where the distillery is now sat. He used to hide stocks of illegal whisky under his pulpit. Highland Park doubled its production capacity in 1898, 10 years after being purchased by James Grant from the Glenlivet distillery. It has been part of the Highlands Distilleries Groups since 1937.
5 key elements contribute to the success of Highland Park Single Malt :
- The hand-turned malt completes its aromatic and balanced character;
- The aromatic peat imparts a seducing and generous floral sweetness to the malt;
- Chill-maturation magnifies its sweetness;
- The oak casks account for the complexity and unique richness of the malt;
- The cask harmonization grants consistency and balance.