Highland Park 12 Years Old 70cl 40°
Crafted with the best malted barley over peat fires, with water from the unique spring of the Island, aged in casks for at least 12 years, Highland Park 12 Years shows great complexity. Its rare and distinctive characters underlines its inner richness.
It is a smooth malt wandering on heather and ashes, with an appetizing texture (vanilla/wood).
Highland Park is the most northern Scottish distillery, and overlooks Kirkwall town and the famous Scapa Flow.
At the end of the 18th century, Magnus Eunson, pastor and famous smuggler, would have distilled whisky where the distillery is now sat. He used to hide stocks of illegal whisky under his pulpit. Highland Park doubled its production capacity in 1898, 10 years after being purchased by James Grant from the Glenlivet distillery. It has been part of the Highlands Distilleries Groups since 1937.
5 key elements contribute to the success of Highland Park Single Malt :
- The hand-turned malt completes its aromatic and balanced character;
- The aromatic peat imparts a seducing and generous floral sweetness to the malt;
- Chill-maturation magnifies its sweetness;
- The oak casks account for the complexity and unique richness of the malt;
- The cask harmonization grants consistency and balance.