Leave us a message

Mortlach 12 Years Old 70cl 43.4°

Distillery : Mortlach / Country : Scotland / Reference: : 23996

The Mortlach distillery produces a very delicate and aromatic whisky thanks to the use of partial triple distillation. This edition has the subtitle "Wee Witchie" which comes from the name of the tiny still which distills part of the whisky in the distillery, bringing a lot of wealth to the distillate.

This Scottish Single Malt has aged for 12 years in European and American oak barrels that previously contained Sherry and Bourbon, to give it its character and robustness.

When tasting, the 12-year-old Mortlach reveals a rich profile, with good depth, worn on wood, dried fruits and spices.

69,50 € tax incl.

This product is no longer in stock
Contact your store.

Fast and safe deliveryCheck the price
Features
Volume0.7 L
ABV43.4°
TypeSingle malt
DistilleryMortlach
CountryScotland
Age12 years
MaturationBourbon & Sherry
PeatNon Peated
PackagingCase
Reference:23996

Mortlach is a distillery located in Dufftown, Speyside, Scotland. It was created in 1823, the year when the first authorizations to distill were granted ("Law of the consumption tax").


This is the first distillery built in Dufftown, and there are now around ten. The distillery was purchased by Johnnie Walker in 1923. It now belongs to the Diageo group.


Throughout the Second World War, Mortlach was one of the few distilleries in Scotland able to produce whisky in limited quantities.


The distillery has the particularity of producing whisky with 2.8 distillations: 80% of the product is distilled three times, and the remaining 20% is distilled only twice.


The taste characteristic of Mortlach is its fleshy side, which is linked to the traditional flavour of Speyside

Colour: amber.

Nose: rich and deep, with a nice balance between oak and sandalwood, the spices are light, with hints of grilled caramel and red fruits.

Taste: sweet and spicy, with notes of sugar, dark chocolate, cherry jam and light tobacco.

Finish: long and dry, earthy, notes of oak, spices and bitter plum.