Highland Park 16 Year Old Odin 70cl 55.8°
Here is the fourth and last edition of Highland Park's Valhalla Collection: Odin. In scandinavian mythology, he is the All Father, the ruler of Asgard who sacrificed an eye to drink from the Well of Wisdom. He also was the father of Thor and is legendarily famous for riding a horse with eight legs.
Highland Park's Odin is an intense, powerful 16 Year-old Single Malt Scotch whisky, matured in first-fill Sherry casks and refill hogsheads.
|Maturation||Sherry et Hogsheads|
|Packaging||Drakkar Wooden Box|
Highland Park is the most northern Scottish distillery, and overlooks Kirkwall town and the famous Scapa Flow.
At the end of the 18th century, Magnus Eunson, pastor and famous smuggler, would have distilled whisky where the distillery is now sat. He used to hide stocks of illegal whisky under his pulpit. Highland Park doubled its production capacity in 1898, 10 years after being purchased by James Grant from the Glenlivet distillery. It has been part of the Highlands Distilleries Groups since 1937.
5 key elements contribute to the success of Highland Park Single Malt :
- The hand-turned malt completes its aromatic and balanced character;
- The aromatic peat imparts a seducing and generous floral sweetness to the malt;
- Chill-maturation magnifies its sweetness;
- The oak casks account for the complexity and unique richness of the malt;
- The cask harmonization grants consistency and balance.