From Ireland, England, Scotland or Brittany, it's up to you to choose from our selection of stout, blond, amber, white, IPA, flavoured, organic beers... We regularly add new beers with particularities in order to satisfy the curiosity of amateurs.
Search in products
- Our Cellar
- Whisky by country
- Whisky of the world
- Types of whisky
- Aging / Maturation
- Our advice - our expertise
- Rare & Vintage Whiskies
- Whisky Liqueurs
- Whisky by country
- Rum Cellar
- Types of rum
- Rum Country
- Rum Exclusive Bottlings
- Âges du rhum
- Exceptional rums
- Cocktail selection
- Organic alcohols
- Other selections
- Whisky, Rum, Gin and Beer Gift Boxes
Learn more about beer
- What is beer made of?Beer is made with 4 main ingredients: a cereal grain, usually barley, water, hops and yeast. You can also add various spices, macerated fruits or eau-de-vie to flavour it.
- How is beer made?The production of beer goes through several stages: malting, the harvested barley is germinated and then dried; during brewing, water is added to the reduced flour malt to form a paste which will be brought to a boil; fermentation, which takes place by adding the yeasts at a defined temperature; cellaring, the beer is matured then filtered, and finally the packaging, the beer is bottled or put in keg.
- Where does beer come from?Beer is the oldest known and most consumed alcoholic drink in the world. We find the first written traces 4000 years BC with the first cereal crops, and therefore barley, of the Sumerian civilization. The barley was then simply boiled and dried in the sun.
- What does the colour of the beer mean?We tend to think that the darker a beer, the stronger it is, but this is a misconception. The colour of the beer is not linked to its level of bitterness or degree of alcohol, but comes from the malt, which is more or less roasted during the kilning step, depending on the desired aromas.
- What is the difference between blonde, brown and amber beer?
- What is the difference between white and blonde beer?
- What is an IPA?
- Which beer to use in cooking?
- How to store beer?Beer should be stored away from light and heat, avoiding sudden changes in temperature. Beers in bottles and cans with caps are preferably stored upright while beers with corks are lying down.
- Is beer better in a bottle than in a can?
- What are double beers and triple beers?These beers are higher in alcohol, these adjectives don't come from the number of fermentations they have undergone as we may think. A double is often a dark beer with a grading of around 6° while a triple can be a blonde, amber or dark beer grading between 7 and 9°.
- What is a guard beer ?The term guard beer is mostly used in the North of France and refers to a lager, amber or dark beer that undergoes prolonged maturation after fermentation, often in casks before being bottled in bottles with a muzzled cork stopper.