Aran Sweaters Collection
The traditional Irish sweater comes from the Aran Islands off the west coast. It was created to protect fishermen from the cold and humidity during the long winter months. Over the centuries, these unique 100% pure wool knits have become iconic in the fashion world and are now available in jackets and accessories. Take advantage of the traditional craftsmanship of Irish manufacturing workshops and the unique work on the cable knit.
Search in products
Aran Sweaters Collection
- Aran Sweaters Collection
- So Irish
- Cocooning Spirit
- English spirit
- Irish spirit
- Outdoor style
- Checked Spirit Collection
- Tweed collection
- Marine spirit
- Ethical and responsible collection
Learn more about Aran sweater
- What is an Irish sweater or an Aran sweater?
- Are Aran sweaters made from wool of sheep from Aran Island?Originally yes, but not any more, as there is not enough sheep on Aran Island. The wool comes mainly from New Zealand sheep, where there is many of them and the wool is of very good quality.
- What wool is an Irish sweater made of?
- What is the difference between pure wool and merino wool?
- How to wear your Irish Aran sweater?The advantage of the Aran sweater is that it fits easily and remains timeless. It goes perfectly with a shirt, a skirt or even a kilt. For more ideas, check out our article dedicated to the timeless and fashionable Aran sweater.
- How does the Aran style look today?
- Which wool sweater doesn't itch?The finer the fibres of the wool, the softer and more comfortable your sweater will be. This will therefore depend on the type of wool used, the method of processing and the animal from which it comes. So think about opting for sweaters in pure new wool or merino wool.
- How to wash a 100% wool sweater?It is best to wash your woollen sweater by hand or in the machine (protected in a pillowcase or a net) on a cold wool program with a gentle spin. Make sure you lay it out flat without pulling, away from any heat source (sun, radiator) and do not iron.
- My wool sweater is pilling, what should I do?If your wool sweater is pilled, you can use dedicated razors. And to limit their appearance, avoid friction with other fabrics such as jeans, do not overload your machine or even turn your woollen sweater inside out. Also consider limiting the use of chemicals that are aggressive to the fibres.
- Why has my wool sweater shrunk?Wool should be washed at very low temperature (<30°C) or ideally cold. Any temperature variation during a wash cycle can cause irreversible damage!
- How do you get rid of the smell of sheep?Some woollen sweaters may still be imbued with the scent of sheep. To reduce it, hand wash the sweater the first time, lay it flat outside and protect it from light and sun. If the odour persists, odour destroyers may be found in stores.
- Is the Irish sweater in fashion?Like jeans, the little black dress, or even the marinière, the Irish sweater is a timeless one that finds its place in all wardrobes. Adopted by personalities like Steve McQueen or Marylin Monroe, the Aran sweater has become an iconic symbol.
- Is wool a sustainable material?Natural and economical, pure wool is a wool directly obtained from the fleece of sheep. The denomination "pure new wool" means that it is composed exclusively of wool, with a maximum of 0.3% of other fibres.