Tobermory Hebridean Gin 70cl 43.3°
This Tobermory gin is made from the first whisky distillates and local plants such as elderflower, tea and wild heather which spend at least 24 hours in vats with the distillate to give it its character!
To the traditional notes of citrus fruits, spices and juniper are added malty aromas from the whisky distillate which give this gin all its originality.
In 1795, the Tobermory distillery was established thanks to John Sinclair whose fortune allowed him to bring barley and coal from the Highlands by boat. However, because of its isolated location, the distillery closed its doors many times but resumed its activities in 1990. Soon after, it was bought by the Burn Stewart group.
The particularity of this distillery is that it produces whiskies under two different names: Ledaig and Tobermory. Tobermory, name of the only village on the island, is characterized by its non-peated malts, its finesse and elegance. Ledaig (former name of the village) is peaty and developed with Port Ellen malts. The Burn Stewart society bottles all its single malts at 46.3 ° without chill filtration.