Highland Park Fire Edition 15 Years Old 70cl 45.2°
Fire Edition celebrates the great sagas in the Viking age. It refers to the great apocalyptic battle between the Gods, the Fire and the Ice Giants, where the old world burst into flames and a new world would rise from the ashes.
The beautiful red colour and the name Fire is a reference to "Surtr", the giant of evil fire. Also known under the name "The Black One", he ruled on the kingdom holding fire with his sword in flames.
For the first time, Highland Park aged their Single Malt in Porto casks, bringing a unique taste.
|Maturation||Port Wine Casks|
Highland Park is the most northern Scottish distillery, and overlooks Kirkwall town and the famous Scapa Flow.
At the end of the 18th century, Magnus Eunson, pastor and famous smuggler, would have distilled whisky where the distillery is now sat. He used to hide stocks of illegal whisky under his pulpit. Highland Park doubled its production capacity in 1898, 10 years after being purchased by James Grant from the Glenlivet distillery. It has been part of the Highlands Distilleries Groups since 1937.
5 key elements contribute to the success of Highland Park Single Malt :
- The hand-turned malt completes its aromatic and balanced character;
- The aromatic peat imparts a seducing and generous floral sweetness to the malt;
- Chill-maturation magnifies its sweetness;
- The oak casks account for the complexity and unique richness of the malt;
- The cask harmonization grants consistency and balance.