Tullamore Dew Whisky Glass
This glass was designed for whisky tasting, allowing the release of its aromas and flavours.
The inscription "Tullamore Dew" is screen printed on the glass.
The Tullamore distillery has been established in 1829, in the town of the same name, located between Dublin and Galway at the heart of Ireland.
Its story goes back a long way, and the distillery took off under the management of Director Daniel E. Willams. He significantly forged the distillery’s development, where he started with turning the malt. As a true self-made man, he quickly climbed the ladder and became in 1887 General Director and eventually owner of the distillery.
As a long-lasting tribute to its visionary director, the distillery engraved each Tullamore bottle with his initials (DEW) and has become since then one of the most popular Irish blend whiskey brands.
Recognised as a premium whiskey by the Whiskey institutions, Tullamore Dew surprises with its smoothness and refined flavours. A careful elaboration process together with a triple-distillation crafted the most original, subtle, generous whiskey with a lasting finale.
In 1954, the distillery nevertheless closed down. The John Power & Son distillery purchases Tullamore Dew and merges it into the Irish Distillers group in 1966, born from Cork Distillers, John Power & Son and John Jameson & Son. The new directory closes down all operating distilleries and concentrates all the production in Midleton. A new distillery, the biggest of Ireland, is then built close to the old one.
The production starts in 1975. After a 60 years break, Tullamore Dew resumes its production in the new distillery, entirely renovated. Since July 2010, Tullamore Dew has been purchased by the Joint-venture Lixir, created by the family-run Scottish business William Grant & Sons, also owners of the Glenfiddich and Balvenie distilleries, with the French Group Remy Cointreau. Tullamore Dew is today the second best-selling Irish Whisky in the world.